Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekly menu

Okay!  I give up!! 

I must surrender to an Indiana winter until the official Spring Solstice, I suppose.  It looks like a grim week ahead.  While I'm trying to tighten up my diet, with the loss of heavy sweaters and boots on the horizon, all I want is a good dose of comfort food to warm me against the bitter chill of a relentless, apparently jaded, March.

What did we ever do to you, March?!  You are a most anticipated month.  With you, we all look with keen anticipation the break of Winter's icy grip.  What's wrong?  What has happened?  Has global warming been overly compensated in some secret governmental plot to establish an ice-pack in the Middle West?

It is so S.A.D. indeed!


Here's what we had cookin' this week:

*Black bean soup (slow cooker recipe)  Don't salt the beans while they cook, but we used plenty when they were done.  Couldn't find cumin seed, so used powdered cumin and added lime juice to the sour cream as well.

*Balsamic-glazed salmon (I only used the salmon portion of this recipe), rice, green beans and spinach salad
  this glaze is so easy & so amazing!

*Sloppy joes -made from scratch- Rachael Ray's recipe

*Asparagus Pasta -loosely based on recipe from Neeley's.  I warmed the shallot and garlic and kept the dish warm.  Substituted Parmesan cheese for the goat cheese, because that's what I had on hand.

*Beef stew
  


1 comment:

  1. We had the Asparagus Pasta last night, it was delicious. We used the goat cheese but also kept it warm. This is one we will def make again, maybe add chicken as a protein though. Thanks for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete