Monday, March 11, 2013

Dinner Time

“The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook.”
Julia Child


 This week was a week I couldn't wait to end.  One obligation flew right into the next until I fell, completely spent, into a plate of pizza Friday night.

I did manage to try out a few new recipes:

*Mushroom Bourguignon
(smitten kitchen)
 -the kids loved this!  I added the leftover roast beef from last week to "beef it up"...get it?  The kids picked out the mushrooms, but raved about the dish, much to my surprise.  I, personally, didn't add the pearl onions-didn't have them and didn't want to shop for them.

*Turkey Burgers, tater tots and broccoli

*Spaghetti w/ Italian sausage red sauce

*Ginger Fried Rice
(smitten kitchen)
  -I served this with some teriyaki chicken and garlic green beans.
I made the fried egg for myself and Tom (not quite as runny) and the kids begged to be included.  So, fried eggs for all, until Jude dropped his on the floor.  (I picked it up and he still ate it...  What?  I cleaned the floor that day..)

*Noodles-n-Company rounded out the week.  Indonesian Peanut Saute....the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment